To keep yourself at the top of your career you need to read more than just the latest news.
It’s important to understand new trends and innovate in your industry. So what to do?
The obvious options to develop yourself could be to take an MBA, Masters or a PhD degree, spending a lot of time and money following a strategy to learn more about business or a niche area.
There is another option to fast tracking your success:
- find out the reading list of your preferred course
- buy the books
- take a speed reading course
- learn how to read a business book in 2 or 3 hours
- plan your reading load for 3 months at a time
- make notes, write blogs and take action based on the new learnings
- sell the books on ebay and use the money for a short break every 3 months because you deserve it.
I believe that by reading from 30 to 50 books in a niche area you can become an international expert. It’s like taking another degree by yourself and it’s easily achievable if you make a plan to do so.
Read more and you’ll have more ideas inside your head that will help you innovate your career, your business and your life.